Some scenarios where a POA is necessary include:
- Student who is out of the state/country attending college
- Son or daughter out of the country doing foreign missionary service, rendering humanitarian assistance or Peace Corps.
- Traveling or vacationing overseas
The POA would come in handy for:
- Driver’s license or vehicle registration renewals
- Registration/admission for college
- Tax return filing
- Banking transactions
- Ongoing legal matters (e.g., pending lawsuit from that fender-bender a few months back or speaking with child’s landlord)
- Jury duty summons
- Passport renewal
Preparing for your child’s move away to college can be an anxious time with many things to do and it’s easy to overlook the simple things such as a POA. Many estate planners urge clients to prod their adult children to draft POA on or around their 18th birthdays. So don’t forget a POA – make it one of the most important things on your to-do list.
To assist with this important task, SECURITY LEGAL SERVICES will prepare a POWER OF ATTORNEY for adult children for a reduced flat fee of $100. For your convenience, you can order a POA directly from our site. An attorney will then contact you for the details.
Thank you for allowing SECURITY LEGAL SERVICES take care of this important family matter for you.